Creme Brûlée is Oh So Sweet & Oh So Yummy!! It is also a wow factor at parties ;0) Although this dessert is made with simple ingredients, planning is key especially if are serving at your next dinner party!! Happy Baking ;0)
6 Egg Yolks
6 Tbsp white sugar, divided
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
2. Beat egg yolks, 4 Tbsp sugar & pure vanilla extract until thick and creamy
3. Pour heavy cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat. (Do not let it boil) Remove from heat immediately and stir into egg yolk mixture. Continue to beat mixture until combined. Mixture should lightly coat the back of the spoon. If not, stir over heat for about 3 mins.
4. Pour the mixture into 4-6 Ramekins. Bake in oven for about 35 mins.
5. Remove from oven and completely cool. Refrigerate for 8-10 hrs or overnight.
6. Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbsp white sugar and brown sugar onto ramekin dishes. Slightly torch sugar until it is caramelized. Serve.