The stars showed up and showed out at the 2013 Trumpet Awards in Atlanta, Ga. Thanks to my lovely source and photographer (thanks mom ;0)!!), I am able to report the best dressed at the event. Hands down the best dressed goes to Fantasia!! So was so lovely in this white cut out gown made by Ralph Lauren. Fantasia you go girl!!
Month: January 2013
Spot & Snag!!
Peter Pan Collars are a fashion trend right now and they are Oh So Cute!!! Pair these lovely tops with your favorite skinny jeans and you are set. Forever 21 has a cute Studded Peter Pan Collar Top for $19.80. I’ve spotted the trend, now you snag the look!! Happy Shopping ;0)
Creme Brûlée is Oh So Sweet & Oh So Yummy!! It is also a wow factor at parties ;0) Although this dessert is made with simple ingredients, planning is key especially if are serving at your next dinner party!! Happy Baking ;0)
6 Egg Yolks
6 Tbsp white sugar, divided
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
2. Beat egg yolks, 4 Tbsp sugar & pure vanilla extract until thick and creamy
3. Pour heavy cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat. (Do not let it boil) Remove from heat immediately and stir into egg yolk mixture. Continue to beat mixture until combined. Mixture should lightly coat the back of the spoon. If not, stir over heat for about 3 mins.
4. Pour the mixture into 4-6 Ramekins. Bake in oven for about 35 mins.
5. Remove from oven and completely cool. Refrigerate for 8-10 hrs or overnight.
6. Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Sprinkle remaining 2 Tbsp white sugar and brown sugar onto ramekin dishes. Slightly torch sugar until it is caramelized. Serve.
Destiny’s Child New Album!!!
According to Capitalfm.com, Destiny’s Child is set to release a new album entitled “Love Songs” due on January 29th!!! Wow can’t wait for this!! The official announcement was made on Beyonce’s website today!! “Love Songs” in stores January 29th!! And don’t forget to watch Beyonce perform the halftime show for Superbowl XLVII ;0)
Southern Comfort Pecan Pie!!!
Hey Ladies & Gents!! I wanted to share my recipe for my Southern Comfort Pecan Pie. Yummy!! And Oh So Sweet!! This southern classic with a hint of Southern Comfort liquor will make your family and/or friends wanting more. Happy Baking!! ;0)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup corn syrup (light or dark)
2 tbsp butter melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp southern comfort
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
9 inch single crust pie
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
2. Beat eggs slightly. Beat in sugar, syrup, butter, vanilla, southern comfort, salt, and pecans. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
3. Bake for 15 mins. Reduce heat to 350 Degrees F and continue baking for 35 to 40 mins; the pie will be brown and slightly puffy. Remove from oven and cool completely on cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.